Here’s my list of things I do when I create a new virtual machine. Or at least I should do but I generally forget to do at least one of them:
* Install CCleaner to remove log files and other junk.
* Disable the annoying beep: net stop beep, sc config beep start= disabled
* Disable shutdown event tracker: gpedit.msc / Computer COnfiguration / Administrative Templates / System / Display Shutdown Event Tracker / Disabled
* Enable Shutdown without logon: Administrative Tools / Local Security Policy / Local Policies / Security Options / Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down without having to log on / Enabled.
* Install TweakUI and enable Logon / Autologon
* Disable screen saver
* Install Bginfo and show the computer name on the desktop.
There! Now I should stop forgetting these steps.